Help & Information
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TAF 30% OFF* Sale
Extra 30% off sale - prices as marked. Valid online and in-store while stock lasts. Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or voucher code. This promotion is exclusive to General Pants Co. Australia & New Zealand customers.
2 For Deals
2 for deals applied at checkout. Valid in-store and online while stock lasts. Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or voucher code. This promotion is exclusive to General Pants Co. Australia & New Zealand customers.
Coupon Sales and Promotion Codes
Coupon sales and promotion codes are not valid on eVouchers, Donations, Crocs, Dickies, The North Face, Blundstone and all 2 for $X offers. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, or stacked with other or same promotional codes. Only one promotion can be used per order. Subject to changes.
Sale and Markdowns
Selected styles. Prices as marked.
The following terms (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to any and all users of the General Pants website (the “Site”). All Transactions made in connection with the Site, and your use of any content or information on the Site or Product purchased through the Site is subject to these Terms and Conditions and these apply regardless of how you access the Site. You should make sure you read and agree to these Terms and Conditions before you use the Site as your offer to purchase any Product will indicate to us your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Where any other terms and conditions apply to a Product or service related to the Site, these Terms and Conditions will override any subsequent terms and conditions, unless stated otherwise.
Your use of the Site indicates your understanding that the Site and the Products include and/or rely on a security framework using technology that protects digital information and imposes usage rules established by Us, our Affiliates and our (or their) licensors, and you agree to abide by these usage rules. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all capitalized terms in these Terms and Conditions have the definitions given to them in clause 2 below.
SMS opt in T&Cs
You agree that General Pants Co. may send you marketing and promotional messages that are relevant to your relationship with General Pants Co. These messages may be sent via different channels, including by email, SMS and phone. You may opt-out of receiving these messages (either altogether or via a particular channel) by updating your contact preferences in your Account, or by using any other unsubscribe facility we provide, in accordance with these Rules and any other applicable Terms and Conditions.
“Affiliate” means any third party we may enter into agreements with for the supply of goods or services for the purpose of running our business. This includes all licensors, postal and courier companies and any other third party these companies may enter into contracts or agreements with in order to fulfill their obligations under any contract or agreement made with Us.
“Offer to Purchase” means your intention to receive Product(s) from Us via the initiation of a Transaction (this is subject to review or refusal by Us and does not confirm our offer to sell to you).
“Product” means anything available for purchase or access through the Site including goods, music, images, videos, artwork, text and other copyrightable materials.
“Site” means our website, www.generalpants.com.
“Terms and Conditions” refer to these terms and conditions that govern the General Pants website and its use.
“Transaction” means the purchase of any Product via the Site whereby funds are successfully debited from your account and are received or accepted by Us (subject to any request we make for further information to authorize the payment).
“Us” means the General Pants Group, including all relevant Affiliates, subsidiaries, directors and employees (also referred to as “we” or “our” where appropriate).
All rights to any Products that we make available through the Site are owned by Us, our Affiliates and/or our (or their) licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, you have a limited, revocable, non-transferrable right to use Products you purchase or access through the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any other terms that may apply to these Products.
- Offer to Purchase and Transactions
By initiating a Transaction with Us, you represent and warrant that you:
- Are of legal age to form a binding contract with us (18 years or older);
- Have the legal right to make the Transaction and use the payment means selected by you; and
- Intend to create an Offer to Purchase.
- Non-acceptance of Offer to Purchase
The receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your Offer to Purchase, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. We reserve the right to reject any Offer to Purchase made by you at any time for any reason. Non-acceptance of an Offer to Purchase may for example result from one of the following:
- The product ordered is unavailable;
- The payment is not authorized (see clause 6); and/or
- The identification of a typographical error whereby the product or pricing information is incorrect in some way (see clause 8).
- Authorization of payment and fraud prevention
We employ payment gateway provider Braintree and utilize anti-fraud software Kount to implement anti-fraud procedures to avoid and minimize fraudulent activity on the Site. Prior to the acceptance or non-acceptance of an Offer to Purchase made by you, we reserve the right to request additional information from you. A request for the provision of additional information may include the request for a photocopy of any photographic identification you may hold ie. A Driver’s Licence or passport, as well as a photocopy of the front and back of the card that is being used to make the purchase. We have the right to refuse an Offer to Purchase if the request for additional information is refused by you.
- Limits to a Transaction
- Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right with or without prior notice to:
- Change a description, image or reference of a Product (descriptions and references to a Product do not imply our endorsement of a Product nor do they indicate our representations about the accuracy of the description or reference);
- Limit the available quantity of any Product;
- Honour or impose conditions on the honoring of discount code or promotion;
- Bar any user from making any or all Transaction(s);
- Refuse to provide any user with any Product; and/or
- Refuse or cancel any Offer to Purchase for any reason prior to our acceptance of this offer pursuant to clauses 4 and 5.
- Pricing and errors on the Site
We reserve the right to update or correct information on the Site at any time without notice. In the event that a Product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, we have the right to refuse shipment of or cancel any Offer to Purchase for the Product. Where we become aware of any error or inaccuracy after acceptance of your Offer to Purchase, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of re-placing your order at the correct price or cancelling your order for a refund. Where we cannot get in contact with you by close of the business day on which we become aware of the error, your order will be cancelled and refunded. In the event that we are notified of any error after you order has been dispatched and if delivery has not been completed, we reserve the right to recall the parcel. This recall will occur at no cost to the customer and will not affect the timeframe in which a refund will be processed for the item/s purchased.
You are required to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the price(s) in effect when these charges are incurred, including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges and any applicable network charges in respect of mobile downloads. All sales through the Site are final, and all charges from those sales are non refundable, except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
The availability of Products or existence of content on the Site or Products does not warrant our endorsement of that Product or content, nor does it imply our responsibility for the accuracy or quality of that Product or information. Any slogan, text, graphic or image does not imply any representations by Us as a business regarding that slogan, text, graphic or image and does not constitute our endorsement of that information. Any links to third party sites made available via the Site do not represent our endorsement of any content made available on these sites and the policing of any third party website is beyond our control.
All content made available on or via the Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and is the property of the General Pants Group and/or our Affiliates. Copying or reproducing any intellectual property on the Site is prohibited and unlawful and may be subject to criminal charges and/or fines.
- Limitation of liability
We are not liable for any loss or damage occurred by use of the Site or any other website linked to the Site, or for loss or damage incurred through the purchase of any Product made available via the Site or from any recommendation or information provided by us to you through the Site. If we breach any term, condition or warranty (which cannot be excluded at law), our liability is limited, at our discretion, to either:
- The re-supply of goods purchased by you via the Site in respect of which the claim arises; or
- Payment of the amount paid by you for the goods in respect of which the claim arises.
We will not be liable for any other loss or anticipated loss or damage incurred by you however caused which arises from or in connection with your use of the Site, the contents of the Site (this includes information, pricing and all Products), or your reliance on any information or service we provide to you. We do not guarantee that your access and use of the Site will be free from any errors or viruses that may harm your software or affect the use of your computer.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you indemnify Us against all legal action, loss, damage or costs incurred by you arising from your breach (or the breach of any other person accessing the Site and its contents through you) of these Terms and Conditions, your use of the Site or your reliance on the contents of the Site (this includes all information, prices and Products).
- Acceptance of your Offer to Purchase and delivery of goods
We will endeavor to process Transactions within 24 hours from receipt or acceptance of payment (subject to any requests we make for further information required to authorize a payment). Once your Offer to Purchase is accepted by us, our offer to sell will be notified to you via email confirming the dispatch of your order. This email provides you with the tracking number linked to your order (this tracking information is subject to change at any time and/or may incur typographical errors on occasion). Delivery of your order will be via Australia Post’s Express Post service. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to change delivery options without notice.
- Delivery delay
Technical and/or other problems may postpone, delay or prevent delivery of a particular Product. You should receive any Product(s) that you order within five working days of placing your order. If we anticipate a delay in delivering a Product to you, we will seek to notify you where possible by email of the delay and we will give you the option to continue with your order or request a f ull refund.
While Australia Post makes every effort to deliver parcels within our delivery timeframe, we cannot guarantee delivery times as these can change for reasons which are beyond our control. We will not be liable for late deliveries or any loss, damage or cost incurred due to late delivery.
- Non receipt of parcel due to Australia Post error
In the instance where you have not received your order due to a delivery error (this includes parcels that are marked as undeliverable, missing or lost in transit articles, Australia Post sorting issues and disputed deliveries), we will, at your request, contact Australia Post to open an investigation on your behalf. This process involves Australia Post contacting their Parcel Distribution Centre and the driver who was assigned the delivery of your parcel to investigate the situation. If a resolution has not been reached 10 business days after the investigation was opened, we will re-ship your item(s) to you free of charge (where the stock is still available), or refund your order.
Please note this does not apply to orders where the address has been submitted incorrectly at the point of checkout.
- Customs and import duties
International orders may be subject to local charges. Any and all customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country and are to be paid for by the recipient. While we endeavour to inform you of any customs or import duties and the value limit at which duty is payable at checkout, we cannot be responsible for reimbursing any additional costs charged on delivery of an order that were not indicated prior to checkout.
Delivery of international parcels may be delayed due to customs clearance issues and where this occurs we are not responsible for any loss or additional costs incurred as a result.
- Survival of Terms and Conditions
- General Pants' Photo Gallery
General Pants Co Pty Ltd (“General Pants / we”) invites you to share your photos by including them on-line at www.generalpants.com.au, in our instore kiosks and in other electronic or hardcopy materials (collectively “our gallery”).
- How to submit photographs to our gallery
If you would like to submit photographs for possible inclusion in our gallery, hash-tag your photos (e.g. of you in gear that you’ve bought from us) using #generalpants or #generalpantsco. If you have also tagged any of General Pants Co's brands as listed below, your images will be considered to be included in the gallery:
#agentninetynine, #aliceintheve, #ameyewear, #arvust, #casio, #converse, #dontaskamanda, #drdenim, #drmartens, #element, #eviltwin, #havaianas, #herschel, #insight, #ksubi, #lee, #lespecs, #levis, #neonhart, #nixon, #nudiejeans, #neuw, #oneteaspoon, #onepiece, #rollas, #rvca, #santacruz, #standard, #stussy, #subtitled, #sundaysomewhere, #spencerproject, #vans, #wrangler, #zooyork, #zanerobe.
Ensure your settings in Instagram, Facebook or Twitter make these photos public. We may then display these photos on our gallery, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Copyright and use of photos
We acknowledge that you retain ownership of copyright in any photo you have taken, but you consent to General Pants and Olapic (our third party photo sharing software provider) using and reproducing your photo and likeness (and any names provided) in our gallery.
Your photo may then be stored in our gallery database for as long as we choose to store it. We may, but are not obliged to display/ use/ reproduce or maintain your photo on in-store kiosks, on our websites or in other materials (electronic or hard copy) from time to time and for such duration as we choose. You agree that your photo may be seen by a wide range of people.
If we display or otherwise use your photo we may do so in whole or in part and are not required to identify you, remunerate you or consult you in relation to such use.
We will not use your photo in any defamatory, degrading or offensive way.
Rules about photos
We will only use photos that are “public” on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
By tagging a photo in the way described above you agree and acknowledge that:
(a) you are/ will be the individual pictured in your photograph or you have the consent of all others individuals depicted;
(b) you are aged 18 years or over or have parental consent to provide photos in the way described in these terms;
(c) your photos must not contain or depict anything vulgar, profane, pornographic, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, defamatory, degrading, unsavoury, illegal, harassing or offensive or that breaches or violates any person’s privacy, intellectual property or other rights; and
(d) you will indemnify us in respect of any loss or damage that we suffer as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
If you wish to remove one of your photos from our on-line gallery, you may request us to do so by clicking on the (!) icon featured on every image or email your request for removal by emailing [email protected] with a link to the page the image is featured on, also accompanied with a screen grab of the image. We may remove or choose not to post any photographs that you may wish to submit.
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time. You should ensure that you read the most current version of the terms and conditions each time you submit a photo to our gallery.
GP Benefits Program Terms & Conditions
- “GP Benefits Program” means the GP Benefits Program providing members with access to exclusive benefits and vouchers.
- “Sign up” refers to the process required to register for an GP Benefits account on the General Pants Co. website or in a General Pants Co. store.
- “Benefits” means any benefits given to the members.
- “Member” means individuals who sign up to the GP Benefits Program.
- “Member Profile” means the personal details of the member which can be updated on the member website.
- “Member Website” refers to the website located at www.generalpants.com where details of the GP Benefits Program (including the most up to date Terms and Conditions) can be found. The member website also provides for the facility to sign up to the GP Benefits and update the member profile.
- “General Pants Co.” means GENERAL PANTS GROUP PTY LIMITED trading as GENERAL PANTS CO. or its authorised representatives.
- “Member card” refers to the virtual membership card, or "Stocard" that is linked to the members’ profile on the member website.
- “Redeem vouchers” means members can redeem vouchers against purchases.
- “Vouchers” refers to discount vouchers given to members as a consequence of purchasing behaviours, incentives and/or promotions. Members are notified of vouchers via email.
- GP Benefits vouchers and promotional codes are single use only.
- “Technical Issues” means the technical malfunction of any telephone network, connection or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site or intranet site.
- “Terms and Conditions” mean the Terms and Conditions set out in this agreement and as updated on the member website.
Terms & Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions set out in this document concern the operation of the GP Benefits Program, the use of the virtual Member card, the Member Website and any promotional activity and loyalty transactions that arise as a consequence of the GP Benefits Program.
- Individuals who join the GP Benefits Program and/or acquire/use Redeem vouchers agree to be legally bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The most current Terms and Conditions at any point in time can be found on the Member page of the General Pants Co. Website.
- The Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time with reasonable notice, if possible.
- General Pants Co. will not accept any liability for any email communication to any Member that is misdirected, lost or not received.
- General Pants Co. will not accept any liability for any Technical Issues that may cause damage to any computer related to or used in connection with the GP Benefits Program.
- General Pants Co. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the GP Benefits Program, vouchers or your membership, especially if the program is being abused, there has been a mistake or damage or loss may or is being caused to any person. Where possible, General Pants Co. will provide reasonable notice.
- General Pants Co. will not be liable for any tax liability incurred by a Member in connection with the GP Benefits Program, including that incurred in the provision of vouchers.
- The Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with any additional conditions associated with vouchers. In the event of any discrepancies, General Pants Co.’ decision in its absolute discretion will be final and binding.
- General Pants Co.’ decision in relation to all matters arising in relation to the GP Benefits Program is final and binding, unless we have acted illegally.
- Members of the GP Benefits Program will be entitled to receive benefits.
- General Pants Co. reserves the right to vary and cancel upcoming and existing benefits at any time and with reasonable notice, where possible.
- An individual is deemed to be a Member of the GP Benefits Program when they submit a completed application in store or create an online account.
- Completion of the sign-up process is deemed acceptance by the individual of the Terms and Conditions.
- Membership of the GP Benefits Program is only open to individuals with a valid email address.
- At any time, Members can only have one membership to the GP Benefits Program and one corresponding virtual Member card.
- Membership is not transferable.
- It is the responsibility of the Member to update their Membership Profile.
- A Member can at any time terminate their membership by providing written notice to General Pants Co..
- Membership is open to Australian and international residents.
- The Virtual Member card remains the virtual property of General Pants Co. at all times.
- One Virtual Member card can be issued per Member.
- Your member card will be automatically tied to your unique email address.
- A current Member card or other identification of the Account Holder must be presented by the individual associated with the GP Benefits account for all transactions including (but not limited to) requests for discounts, recording of purchases, redeeming vouchers or in response to any promotional activity specific to the GP Benefits Program. In the absence of a Virtual Member card, the individual must quote their unique email address.
- Members may be required to provide photo identification to verify their identity.
- Each transaction can only be linked to one account.
- Members must notify General Pants Co. immediately if the Member card is lost, stolen or misplaced and until such time, General Pants Co. will not be held responsible or liable for any use of the Member card.
- Reward qualification occurs in store by presenting your Member card or quoting your unique email address. To qualify for rewards for online purchases you must be logged into your online account.
- General Pants Co. and General Pants Group employees are not eligible for membership.
- General Pants Co. may update a Member account with a voucher as a consequence of a purchasing behaviour, incentive and/or promotional activities.
- General Pants Co. will notify the Member via email and on their Online Account of their entitlement to any vouchers.
- Vouchers are generally expressed in a monetary form - for example, an AUD $25.00 voucher. However, in no way do vouchers represent legal tender in any country. Vouchers that are issued with a specific monetary value, such as a "$ off" discount, are only redeemable in-stores and online in the Australian online store.
- Vouchers cannot be sold, transferred or assigned and are not redeemable for cash or any other like instruments - including (but not limited to) gift vouchers, gift cards, cheques and credit notes. Any eligible refund for product purchased with a loyalty voucher will be made by crediting the member account for that month, no cash, credit card top up or gift voucher will be provided.
- The maximum voucher that can be achieved in one transaction is $50.00
- Vouchers can be redeemed at General Pants Co. stores and Online. In physical stores, Vouchers can only be redeemed on presentation of the member card and corresponding photo identification.
- If you are awarded a Voucher due to a purchase made by cash or credit card and you then return the purchase, General Pants Co. reserves the right to void the corresponding Voucher. If you make a purchase using a voucher and then return the purchase, the refund amount will only total the legal tender or Gift Card amount in the transaction. The corresponding Voucher is not refundable.
- Please note that certain items and promotions cannot be purchased using vouchers. This will be advertised and/or notified to you by General Pants Co. staff.
- If a Membership is terminated by us for cause, all outstanding and future vouchers will no longer be valid and will be rendered null and void.
- Vouchers are valid for 1 (one) month from date of issue.
- Vouchers cannot be used after the expiry date.
- Only vouchers from one GP Benefits Account can be presented per transaction.
- General Pants Co. will not be held responsible or liable if vouchers are not able to be redeemed for whatever reason including if there is a Technical Issue unless directly due to General Pants Co.’ negligence.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed as payment for any part of a lay-by purchase.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed as part of a Gift Voucher purchase.
- Unless stated otherwise on the voucher, all vouchers expire at midnight on the day specified in the Offers section of the User’s Online Account.
- Vouchers will be issued for activation two weeks after the purchase date. They are redeemable within the time specified on each voucher once activated.
- You will be rewarded with a voucher based on the total daily spend amount, regardless of the number of transactions in that day, within the aforementioned spend limits at General Pants Co. stores, including online.
- Vouchers are issued on the basis of the amount spent in a single day.
- A Member can only receive a birthday voucher if they have provided their complete date of birth at least four (4) weeks prior to your actual birthday. Each Member will only receive one (1) birthday voucher in any 365 day period.
- Vouchers are not transferrable.
- Vouchers are not available to General Pants Co. or General Pants Group employees.