Call us Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm AEST. Within Australia: 1300 191 468. Outside Australia: +613 8398 1935. Or use the form below to get in touch.
For orders over $75, we offer FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY when delivered within Australia.
Orders less than $75 will incur a flat rate charge of $10 for postage.
Orders placed before 2pm each business day will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed after 2pm or on weekends will be dispatched the following business day. Our distribution centre is located in Melbourne, and is closed on weekends and public holidays
Orders shipped within Australia are delivered via a number of different carriers depending on your delivery address, the dispatch location of the parcel, and the delivery service selected at checkout. For orders placed before 2pm we do our best to ensure these parcels are delivered the next business day based on your delivery location and carrier used.
The above delivery times are reflective of all orders dispatched from our distribution centre. In the instance where we need to source your item(s) from one of our retail stores, please allow up to 3-5 business days for delivery of your order.
Please note, where an order is placed during a promotional period, there may be a delay on the date of dispatch due to the high volume of orders received.
All orders are tracked by the delivery carrier. You will receive an email with a tracking link once your parcel has left our distribution centre.
All orders require a signature upon delivery. If you are not present at the nominated address to accept delivery, a calling card will be left in your letterbox indicating the post office from which you can collect your parcel (you will need to present photo ID and the tracking information to collect your parcel).
Please be aware the nomination of a business as your delivery address opens signature authority to any person at that business address. This is due to the nature of deliveries to business addresses whereby receptions or mail rooms often sign for and accept parcels in bulk and on behalf of persons located at that address. If your order is shipped to and signed for, on your behalf, at a business address, General Pants Co. will not accept responsibility for any parcel that is lost or damaged. We strongly suggest nominating a home address should you place a high value order with us. This will ensure only residents of the address will have signature authority.
|Rest of world||
*The above delivery times are reflective of all orders dispatched from our distribution centre. In the instance where we need to source your item(s) from one of our retail stores, please allow an additional 1-2 business days for delivery of your order. Please note, estimated delivery times do not include customs clearance or instances where a shipment is held for payment of duties/taxes.
CUSTOMS AND IMPORT DUTY
Items for delivery to countries outside of Australia may be subject to customs duties and taxes levied by the destination country. For any parcel shipped outside of Australia, you as the recipient will be liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to. If you refuse your delivery, you are responsible for the original delivery charges, any applicable tax and duties charges, and the cost of returning the package. Please Contact Us if you have any questions
Due to licensing restrictions, some products are unavailable for shipping to selected countries. All items that are not available for shipping to a particular country are indicated on the product page and will also be removed from your shopping bag at checkout.
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase from us. If you change your mind on any full price or sale item purchased in-store or online, you can return it to any of our retail stores or to our online team within 10 days of receipt for domestic customers. For international returns you will need to post the item/s back to our online warehouse in Australia within 30 days of receipt.
|Order placed||Returning to||Returning within||Can I get a full refund?||Can I get an exchange?|
|Online (AU)||Online||10 days of receipt||Yes||Yes (size only)|
|In-store||10 days of receipt||Yes||Yes|
|In-store (AU)||Online||10 days of receipt||Yes||Yes (size only)|
|In-store||10 days of receipt||Yes||Yes|
|Online (International)||Online||30 days of receipt||Yes||No|
Returns will only be accepted when:
- Items are in their original condition;
- Items are in their original packaging (shoe boxes must also be returned in their original condition);
- Tags remain attached to garments (hygiene stickers on swimwear must remain in the same place as sold or shipped and all swimwear sold as a set must be returned as a set);
- Proof of purchase is provided; and
- A returns form is included (items returned via post only).
Refunds will be processed:
- Within 24-48 hours of receipt where possible
- The way you made the original purchase:
- PayPal refunds will be visible in your PayPal balance immediately
- Afterpay refunds will be visible in your account within 3-5 business days depending on your financial institution. If you've got a few other items on your order, the cost of the cancelled item will be deducted off future payment installments
- Credit card refunds will be visible within 1-5 business days depending on your financial institution
- e-vouchers will be emailed immediately and gift cards mailed within 1-2 business days
Please note, returns on underwear and Storeroom Vintage garments are not accepted.
When returning items via the post for a size exchange, we will facilitate this where the stock is available within the company. If we have sold out of the item you have requested we will contact you via email to inform you that we have refunded your order and you will be credited the way you placed your original order (PayPal, credit card, or gift card/e-voucher). Alternatively, if you would like to exchange an online order at a General Pants store you can head into any of our retail stores with your item and order information and the team in-store can process this for you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer exchanges in the traditional sense on Afterpay orders, placed online or in store. If you’d like to exchange an item you’ve purchased from us using Afterpay, you’ll need to send it back to our returns department or take your order in store and the team will process a cancellation to your Afterpay account. You can then create a new Afterpay order in store or online, for the item that you were wishing to purchase.
Please note, unfortunately we are unable to facilitate exchange requests on international orders.
Items purchased in a General Pants store
For security reasons, we do not hold your financial information when you purchase in-store. Please ensure you provide a valid contact number on your returns form so that our online team can contact you as soon as possible to arrange a refund to the credit card or bank account used to make the purchase.
Cost of return
When returning items to our online team, you are responsible for the cost of the return. It is also your responsibility to ensure the goods reach our premises as we cannot be responsible until they reach us. We recommend using a tracked method of postage to ensure your return arrives to us safely.
Please note that you will not be credited the cost of shipping as part of your return, unless the item is faulty.
To return your order to our online team, please send to:
General Pants Online
Mailbox 5 433-451 Somerville Rd
West Footscray Victoria, Australia 3012
For those in Australia, we are currently offering free and easy returns with Australia Post! Please use this link to access our Australia Post Returns Portal where you can generate your own postage label to post your parcel back to us: https://returns.auspost.com.au/general-pants-returnsStart free return
Please download and complete our online returns form to ensure we can process your request as quickly as possible. This form should be included with your return.
As a consumer there are certain guarantees that are made when goods are sold to you, one of which is that goods are of acceptable quality. A product is considered faulty or not of acceptable quality if it:
- Is not safe, lasting or without faults (taking into account what would reasonably be expected for the type of product and its cost);
- Does not do all the things you would reasonably expect it to or is not fit for purpose; or
- Does not match the description made by us, on packaging and labels, or via promotions or advertising.
If an item is not of acceptable quality you may be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. For details on acceptable quality and faulty goods, please see here.
If you believe there is a fault with an item you have received, please let us know as soon as you become aware of the fault by heading into your local store or contacting our customer service team. You must be able to:
- Provide the original receipt (or a copy of) or some other form of proof of purchase of the faulty item (where multiple items were purchased in the transaction that includes the faulty item and a credit card/bank statement does not clearly itemise the faulty product, this may not provide sufficient proof of purchase); and
- Return the product to us (where you are unable to return to a General Pants store with the product for assessment, you are responsible for the cost of return postage unless this cost is significant).
If you are an International customer please contact the customer service team prior to returning the product to us.
Photographs alone will not be accepted as proof of fault. It is a requirement that the physical product be in our possession prior to the acceptance of your return request. Please note, where an item is deemed faulty, we will happily refund the cost of returning the item to us. Please ensure you keep your postage receipt so that we can facilitate this refund for you.
Where a product requires assessment by the supplier of the goods, this process can take 2-6 weeks. While we will do everything we can to ensure a resolution is reached as quickly as possible, we cannot provide an exact timeframe within which the supplier will assess the product.
PAYPAL HAS YOUR RETURN SHIPPING COSTS COVERED*
How to make a refund request via PayPal
To submit a refund request you must submit a claim within 14 days of returning the items and attach the below documentation:
- A completed online claim form submitted via www.paypal.com.au/returns;
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and identifying the PayPal transaction ID;
- A copy of your return shipment receipt that shows the amount you paid and the seller's return address; and
- If the return costs were deducted from the refund of your item, a copy of the refund email from the seller or PayPal indicating the amount refunded to you.
Documents must be clearly legible and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your refund will appear
Your refund will be paid directly into your PayPal account. Once your refund request is accepted, PayPal will send you:
- Confirmation of receipt of your refund request within one business day;
- Notice of approval or rejection of your refund request within five business days from the receipt of your complete request; and
- Your refund within 10 business days from the notice of approval of your refund request.
For more information on the PayPal returns service, please see their General Conditions of Use here.
If you are lodging an order outside of Australia, please consult our international delivery page.
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you as an individual in the following circumstances:
- When paying for goods in-store or online;
- When processing returns or exchanges;
- When goods are put on lay-by;
- When you telephone us or visit our website, stores or premises and make an enquiry to which a response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- When you ask to be included on marketing distribution lists, become a member of our website or interact with our social media services;
- If you enter a competition we hold;
- If you apply for a job with us; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide to you as our customer.
Use of your personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of running our business or providing services to you as our customer, for example:
- To accept your offer to purchase ie. to confirm the creation of an order;
- To request additional information from you regarding an offer to purchase made by you ie. to verify your identity or the credit card used to make a purchase;
- To perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- To update you about an order;
- To respond to any customer service enquiries received from you;
- To provide you with information about our products or services where you have requested or consented to receive this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To ensure content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfill our regulatory obligations; and/or
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide for the purpose of running our business.
Cookies are used to collect data relating to your general internet usage and customise your experience on our website. This data includes IP addresses, browser versions, number of visits and other data relating to your navigation of the internet and our site. Cookies do not collect sensitive information like financial information or passwords. We hold personal information in our own secure databases and to some extent for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements.
You can refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser however this can affect your overall browsing experience.
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Our website uses the VeriSign security encryption method to ensure your online purchases are 100% secure. VeriSign is an SSL protocol that encrypts your information into codes so that your information is kept secure while being transmitted via the internet. Our payment gateway provider Braintree is one of the safest online payment providers and only stores an encrypted token of your credit card details. If you would like to remove this token, you will need to log-in to your account on our website and delete the credit card details associated with your account.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related companies on the condition they will use it only for the same purposes we do under this policy or for other limited purposes such as to help us in providing goods and services. Related third party companies include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks on our behalf;
- Our online payment gateway service provider Braintree for the purpose of approving payments;
- Couriers and delivery businesses such as Australia Post with whom we arrange to deliver goods to you;
- Third party software providers who store customer account details for us;
- Companies we engage to provide us with advice ie. lawyers, accountants, auditors etc;
- Marketing businesses we engage to disseminate materials to which customers have consented; and/or
- Businesses located outside Australia who assist us in carrying out certain functions such as electronic direct marketing or for the purpose of Enterprise Resource Planning.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside of the above list in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to this disclosure;
- If General Pants or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information we hold about our customers is one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure under this policy);
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of the General Pants Group, its personnel or customers (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you can opt-out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication we send you, or alternatively you can email email@example.com with your request.
Concerns about the use of your personal information
- The Online Editor
- General Pants Group
Unit 25/30-32 Beconsfield St
- NSW, 2015
Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise stated, coupon sales are not valid on eVouchers, Birkenstocks, GUESS, I.AM.GIA, Patagonia, Tommy Jeans and Storeroom Vintage. Coupon offers are not valid with any other offer.
Unless otherwise stated, festival offers are not valid with any other offer, apply only on full price and are not valid on eVouchers, Birkenstocks, Tommy Jeans, I.AM.GIA, Patagonia and Storeroom Vintage. The discount applies when you purchase a full priced top and bottom in the same transaction and is only valid on those items.
The following terms (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to any and all users of the General Pants website (the “Site”). All Transactions made in connection with the Site, and your use of any content or information on the Site or Product purchased through the Site is subject to these Terms and Conditions and these apply regardless of how you access the Site. You should make sure you read and agree to these Terms and Conditions before you use the Site as your offer to purchase any Product will indicate to us your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Where any other terms and conditions apply to a Product or service related to the Site, these Terms and Conditions will override any subsequent terms and conditions, unless stated otherwise.
Your use of the Site indicates your understanding that the Site and the Products include and/or rely on a security framework using technology that protects digital information and imposes usage rules established by Us, our Affiliates and our (or their) licensors, and you agree to abide by these usage rules. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all capitalized terms in these Terms and Conditions have the definitions given to them in clause 2 below.
“Affiliate” means any third party we may enter into agreements with for the supply of goods or services for the purpose of running our business. This includes all licensors, postal and courier companies and any other third party these companies may enter into contracts or agreements with in order to fulfill their obligations under any contract or agreement made with Us.
“Offer to Purchase” means your intention to receive Product(s) from Us via the initiation of a Transaction (this is subject to review or refusal by Us and does not confirm our offer to sell to you).
“Product” means anything available for purchase or access through the Site including goods, music, images, videos, artwork, text and other copyrightable materials.
“Site” means our website, www.generalpants.com.
“Terms and Conditions” refer to these terms and conditions that govern the General Pants website and its use.
“Transaction” means the purchase of any Product via the Site whereby funds are successfully debited from your account and are received or accepted by Us (subject to any request we make for further information to authorize the payment).
“Us” means the General Pants Group, including all relevant Affiliates, subsidiaries, directors and employees (also referred to as “we” or “our” where appropriate).
All rights to any Products that we make available through the Site are owned by Us, our Affiliates and/or our (or their) licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, you have a limited, revocable, non-transferrable right to use Products you purchase or access through the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any other terms that may apply to these Products.
Offer to Purchase and Transactions
By initiating a Transaction with Us, you represent and warrant that you:
- Are of legal age to form a binding contract with us (18 years or older);
- Have the legal right to make the Transaction and use the payment means selected by you; and
- Intend to create an Offer to Purchase.
Non-acceptance of Offer to Purchase
The receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your Offer to Purchase, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. We reserve the right to reject any Offer to Purchase made by you at any time for any reason. Non-acceptance of an Offer to Purchase may for example result from one of the following:
- The product ordered is unavailable;
- The payment is not authorized (see clause 6); and/or
- The identification of a typographical error whereby the product or pricing information is incorrect in some way (see clause 8).
Authorization of payment and fraud prevention
We employ payment gateway provider Braintree and utilize anti-fraud software Kount to implement anti-fraud procedures to avoid and minimize fraudulent activity on the Site. Prior to the acceptance or non-acceptance of an Offer to Purchase made by you, we reserve the right to request additional information from you. A request for the provision of additional information may include the request for a photocopy of any photographic identification you may hold ie. A Driver’s Licence or passport, as well as a photocopy of the front and back of the card that is being used to make the purchase. We have the right to refuse an Offer to Purchase if the request for additional information is refused by you.
Limits to a Transaction
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right with or without prior notice to:
- Change a description, image or reference of a Product (descriptions and references to a Product do not imply our endorsement of a Product nor do they indicate our representations about the accuracy of the description or reference);
- Limit the available quantity of any Product;
- Honour or impose conditions on the honoring of discount code or promotion;
- Bar any user from making any or all Transaction(s);
- Refuse to provide any user with any Product; and/or
- Refuse or cancel any Offer to Purchase for any reason prior to our acceptance of this offer pursuant to clauses 4 and 5.
Pricing and errors on the Site
We reserve the right to update or correct information on the Site at any time without notice. In the event that a Product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, we have the right to refuse shipment of or cancel any Offer to Purchase for the Product. Where we become aware of any error or inaccuracy after acceptance of your Offer to Purchase, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of re-placing your order at the correct price or cancelling your order for a refund. Where we cannot get in contact with you by close of the business day on which we become aware of the error, your order will be cancelled and refunded. In the event that we are notified of any error after you order has been dispatched and if delivery has not been completed, we reserve the right to recall the parcel. This recall will occur at no cost to the customer and will not affect the timeframe in which a refund will be processed for the item/s purchased.
You are required to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the price(s) in effect when these charges are incurred, including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges and any applicable network charges in respect of mobile downloads. All sales through the Site are final, and all charges from those sales are non refundable, except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
The availability of Products or existence of content on the Site or Products does not warrant our endorsement of that Product or content, nor does it imply our responsibility for the accuracy or quality of that Product or information. Any slogan, text, graphic or image does not imply any representations by Us as a business regarding that slogan, text, graphic or image and does not constitute our endorsement of that information. Any links to third party sites made available via the Site do not represent our endorsement of any content made available on these sites and the policing of any third party website is beyond our control.
All content made available on or via the Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and is the property of the General Pants Group and/or our Affiliates. Copying or reproducing any intellectual property on the Site is prohibited and unlawful and may be subject to criminal charges and/or fines.
Limitation of liability
We are not liable for any loss or damage occurred by use of the Site or any other website linked to the Site, or for loss or damage incurred through the purchase of any Product made available via the Site or from any recommendation or information provided by us to you through the Site. If we breach any term, condition or warranty (which cannot be excluded at law), our liability is limited, at our discretion, to either:
- The re-supply of goods purchased by you via the Site in respect of which the claim arises; or
- Payment of the amount paid by you for the goods in respect of which the claim arises.
We will not be liable for any other loss or anticipated loss or damage incurred by you however caused which arises from or in connection with your use of the Site, the contents of the Site (this includes information, pricing and all Products), or your reliance on any information or service we provide to you. We do not guarantee that your access and use of the Site will be free from any errors or viruses that may harm your software or affect the use of your computer.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you indemnify Us against all legal action, loss, damage or costs incurred by you arising from your breach (or the breach of any other person accessing the Site and its contents through you) of these Terms and Conditions, your use of the Site or your reliance on the contents of the Site (this includes all information, prices and Products).
Acceptance of your Offer to Purchase and delivery of goods
We will endeavor to process Transactions within 24 hours from receipt or acceptance of payment (subject to any requests we make for further information required to authorize a payment). Once your Offer to Purchase is accepted by us, our offer to sell will be notified to you via email confirming the dispatch of your order. This email provides you with the tracking number linked to your order (this tracking information is subject to change at any time and/or may incur typographical errors on occasion). Delivery of your order will be via Australia Post’s Express Post service. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to change delivery options without notice.
Technical and/or other problems may postpone, delay or prevent delivery of a particular Product. You should receive any Product(s) that you order within five working days of placing your order. If we anticipate a delay in delivering a Product to you, we will seek to notify you where possible by email of the delay and we will give you the option to continue with your order or request a f ull refund.
While Australia Post makes every effort to deliver parcels within our delivery timeframe, we cannot guarantee delivery times as these can change for reasons which are beyond our control. We will not be liable for late deliveries or any loss, damage or cost incurred due to late delivery.
Non receipt of parcel due to Australia Post error
In the instance where you have not received your order due to a delivery error (this includes parcels that are marked as undeliverable, missing or lost in transit articles, Australia Post sorting issues and disputed deliveries), we will, at your request, contact Australia Post to open an investigation on your behalf. This process involves Australia Post contacting their Parcel Distribution Centre and the driver who was assigned the delivery of your parcel to investigate the situation. If a resolution has not been reached 5 business days after the investigation was opened, we will re-ship your item(s) to you free of charge (where the stock is still available), or refund your order.
Please note this does not apply to orders where the address has been submitted incorrectly at the point of checkout.
Customs and import duties
International orders may be subject to local charges. Any and all customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country and are to be paid for by the recipient. While we endeavour to inform you of any customs or import duties and the value limit at which duty is payable at checkout, we cannot be responsible for reimbursing any additional costs charged on delivery of an order that were not indicated prior to checkout.
Delivery of international parcels may be delayed due to customs clearance issues and where this occurs we are not responsible for any loss or additional costs incurred as a result.
Survival of Terms and Conditions
General Pants' Photo GalleryGeneral Pants Co Pty Ltd (“General Pants / we”) invites you to share your photos by including them on-line at www.generalpants.com.au, in our instore kiosks and in other electronic or hardcopy materials (collectively “our gallery”).
How to submit photographs to our gallery
If you would like to submit photographs for possible inclusion in our gallery, hash-tag your photos (e.g. of you in gear that you’ve bought from us) using #generalpants or #generalpantsco. If you have also tagged any of General Pants Co's brands as listed below, your images will be considered to be included in the gallery:
#agentninetynine, #aliceintheve, #ameyewear, #arvust, #casio, #converse, #dontaskamanda, #drdenim, #drmartens, #element, #eviltwin, #havaianas, #herschel, #insight, #ksubi, #lee, #lespecs, #levis, #neonhart, #nixon, #nudiejeans, #neuw, #oneteaspoon, #onepiece, #rollas, #rvca, #santacruz, #standard, #stussy, #subtitled, #sundaysomewhere, #spencerproject, #vans, #wrangler, #zooyork, #zanerobe.
Ensure your settings in Instagram, Facebook or Twitter make these photos public. We may then display these photos on our gallery, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Copyright and use of photos
We acknowledge that you retain ownership of copyright in any photo you have taken, but you consent to General Pants and Olapic (our third party photo sharing software provider) using and reproducing your photo and likeness (and any names provided) in our gallery.
Your photo may then be stored in our gallery database for as long as we choose to store it. We may, but are not obliged to display/ use/ reproduce or maintain your photo on in-store kiosks, on our websites or in other materials (electronic or hard copy) from time to time and for such duration as we choose. You agree that your photo may be seen by a wide range of people.
If we display or otherwise use your photo we may do so in whole or in part and are not required to identify you, remunerate you or consult you in relation to such use.
We will not use your photo in any defamatory, degrading or offensive way.
Rules about photos
We will only use photos that are “public” on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
By tagging a photo in the way described above you agree and acknowledge that:
(a) you are/ will be the individual pictured in your photograph or you have the consent of all others individuals depicted;
(b) you are aged 18 years or over or have parental consent to provide photos in the way described in these terms;
(c) your photos must not contain or depict anything vulgar, profane, pornographic, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, defamatory, degrading, unsavoury, illegal, harassing or offensive or that breaches or violates any person’s privacy, intellectual property or other rights; and
(d) you will indemnify us in respect of any loss or damage that we suffer as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
If you wish to remove one of your photos from our on-line gallery, you may request us to do so by clicking on the (!) icon featured on every image or email your request for removal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the page the image is featured on, also accompanied with a screen grab of the image. We may remove or choose not to post any photographs that you may wish to submit.
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time. You should ensure that you read the most current version of the terms and conditions each time you submit a photo to our gallery.